This campaign is focusing on the New Alliance, an initiative which is supported by the UK's DfID, which is funding landgrabs across Africa and getting poor countries locked deeper into poverty.
LEARN ABOUT THE ISSUES
- For some general background about the issues, check out our campaign booklet here.
- To learn a bit about our specific focus, check out this blog here on African farming and the 'New Alliance'
- Here's a summary and update on the campaign to help you get clued up enough to spread the word!
- We have beautiful Seeding Change packs that we would love to send to you in the post, so that you can share the issue with your friends and churches. The pack contain a range of resources such as info booklets, bee friendly seeds, seeded paper squares, petition resources and lots, lots more. Please contact us to request your pack now
- Join in with the new Seeding Change Petition - asking The Department of International Development to stop funding landgrabs and locking poor farmers deeper into poverty
- Write Justine Greening MP a letter asking her to stop the Departent of International Development (DfID) investing in the take over of African farming by multinationals Click HERE to see a sample letter to Justine Greening.
Sign your area up to the Seeding Change Tour. What is this tour you speak of? Check out the link and you'll see!
We've already come a long way:
- SPEAK ran a photo petition to raise awareness about DfID giving aid funding to multinational agribusiness companies. You can check out all the petition photos that we received here