SPEAK Event and Campaigns Co-ordinator
£9.40 an hour (London Living Wage), Part time, 20 hours per week (2 - 3 days a week), 8 Months (from September 2016 - May 2017 - with 2 months probation period)
We are looking to recruit a highly organised Event and Campaigns Co-ordinator who is keen to learn, ready for a challenge and prepared to undertake a range of varied tasks.
Your role will include:
- Co-ordinating SPEAK partnership event with Tony Campolo and Shane Claiborne on April 29th
- Facilitating partnerships, organising the event, promoting it and helping people get booked in, and facilitating follow up of the event.
- Co-ordinating the SPEAK student debt campaign, arms trade campaigns and training, and supporting and training other students to work on this campaign.
- Facilitating Network communications including SPEAK Network emails and the newsletter volumize
- Provide relational support for SPEAK links, SPEAK groups and SPEAK loudspeakers, and training and co-ordinating a group of volunteers to work on this area.
- Developing partnerships for the event as a whole.
- Event promotion and organisation
- Team building and organising
- Volunteer recruitment and support
- Experience in using CiviCRM (web-based contact relationship management system) as well Xero accounting software (However, we will consider someone who is willing willing to learn on the job)
- Basic word and excel word-processing programs
- Experience with social media
- A good grasp on the UK youth Christian scene and ability to network with Christian youth justice organisations and other groups relevant to SPEAK’s established support base.
- Formatting and designing leaflets ideally Photoshop
- Web site update and maintenance (we use Drupal).
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with “Event and Campaigns Co-ordinator” in the subject line.